Tuesday 5 August 2014

Rough guide to DFA Red Ribbon for Transcript of Records and Diploma

Initially, if you don't have your original Transcript of Record, obtain it first at your college. I believe old transcript of record used for other purposes like board exams will not be considered when applying for red ribbon. To know whether yours is for board exam or other purposes, look for the remark that states "for board exam purposes only" or others. Instead, there should be a remark that states "for DFA red ribbon" or equivalent or, as in my case, no remark at all. I had two (2) clear photocopies of my Diploma and Transcript of Record. I'm not really sure whether a colored copy of your Diploma and Transcript is allowed. I paid a small amount (not all colleges are alike on this matter I think) and then submitted it to the registrar's office and had it authenticated/certified. I believe it takes a couple of minutes/hours depending on how busy it is. I went there around 4pm in my college so naturally I was told to come back the day after.

I received my photocopies together with a letter and was advised to submit it to the nearest Commission of Higher Education (CHED) office, in my case La Union.



I'm from Pangasinan and it takes an hour or so to get to CHED La Union. I told the bus conductor beforehand that I'm going to CHED. I was dropped off in an intersection with tricycles parked along the highway waiting for passengers. It costs me P20 to get to CHED office.

I went in the office and ask the 1st person I saw behind the counter for what to do. He gave me a form and after filling it out, paid P40 for Certification/Authentication/Verification (CAV) fee. After signing in their logbook, I was given the claim stub and was told to pick up my red ribboned documents on a certain date at DFA Manila (+/- 2 weeks).

I claimed my documents at the DFA weeks after the date written in my claim stub but be aware of the expiration, I think it's about two (2) months and it's written in the claim stub itself.

I think to minimize people asking questions to the people behind the window/desk/counter, security guards were briefed/informed to the different queries and processes that are happening inside the DFA. Or maybe it just happened that security guards adapted to the situation they go through everyday in the DFA. Whatever it may be, the security guards in the DFA are well informed. They know who goes where and what to do. I went there without knowing where to go and a security guard told me to go  through a door but I guess he forgot to tell me where to place the stub that I showed him upon entering the door. Obviously there were alot of people waiting inside so I can just ask but didn't :) Upon entering, I noticed a window with a paper taped on it. I went near and realized it is where all the claim stubs go. I dropped mine in the "regular".  There is also for "with disabilities, pregnant" as well as "express/expedite".

My name was called and told to go to a window (You will be given instructions so listen well to avoid asking questions again later. Also, remember to read and check any corrections in your name). I paid P100 and returned the documents together with the receipt and asked to wait until my name was called again. I'm not really sure but I think I went to the cashier twice. Anyway, long waits can be frustrating but all I can say is be patient and be polite in asking queries from other people.

Again, I hope this helps a little. Visit the PRC website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment